Sleep 101: What the RD needs to know
Presented by Mary H. Wagner, M.D.
- Participants will state the normal sleep requirements for infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Participants will discuss the health consequences of sleep deprivation in children and adults.
- Participants will state the most common sleep-related disorders in children and adults.
Sleep Clinic: An Emerging Practice Area for Dietetics Professionals
Presented by Ellen K. Bowser, MS, RD, L/D, RN
- Participants will explain the relationship between inadequate sleep and weight gain in children and adults.
- Participants will be able to explain how weight loss may aid in the treatment for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Participants will identify the role of the RD in a sleep disorders outpatient clinic.
Sodium, Blood Pressure, and the Circadian Rhythm Protein Per1
Presented by Michelle L. Gumz, Ph.D.
- Participants will understand the mechanism and importance of the circadian clock.
- Participants will understand the implications of the clock for pathophysiology.