Use this checklist to make sure you have completed all components of the application process. Be sure to review the tab titled “Application Information” (see sidebar navigation) for detailed information about the application process.
Graduate School Application Materials
- Complete the online application for admission to UF Graduate School and submit by January 15, 2018. You will need to complete each section of the application including:
- personal statement (as described under “Application Information” section of this website).
- contact information for three individuals willing to submit letters of recommendation for you.
- Application fee: Remit the $30.00 application fee to the University of Florida Admissions Office. The application fee can be paid online with a credit card. There are no other application fees for our program.
- Official transcripts: Arrange to have official original transcripts sent from all colleges/universities attended sent to the UF Office of Admissions. Transcripts must be sealed in an envelope bearing the official seal of the university/college.
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
PO Box 114000
201 Criser Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
- GRE Scores: Contact the Educational Testing Service to arrange to have GRE scores forwarded to the University of Florida (university code: 5812) and the Food Science and Human Nutrition Department (department code: 0107). The GRE should be taken no later than the beginning of November 2017 to allow adequate time for forwarding results to the university.
- Send an email to the FSHN Graduate Clerk, Marianne Mangone. Give her your name and UF ID number and inform her that you have applied to the MS-DI Program.
- All applicants are considered for Graduate Assistantships. There is no additional application.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (the Academy) Application Materials
- Access the DICAS portal (https://portal.dicas.org) and complete the online application by 11:59 PM CENTRAL TIME on FEBRUARY 15, 2018. (NOTE: The DICAS portal will not be available until December 2017, for the Spring Match. For more information, email DICASinfo@DICAS.org.) The fee to use DICAS is $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Upload your personal statement (this can be the same or a modified version of the personal statement used for the Graduate School application).
- Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to be sent to: DICAS – Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02471.
- Enter the name and contact information (email address) for each individual serving as a reference.
D&D Digital Computer Matching Application Materials (February 15, 2018, 11:59 PM Central Time)
- Register online for the computer matching service provided by D&D Digital (D&D Digital Systems). There is a $50 charge for this service. The fee must be paid online using a credit card (VISA/MASTERCARD) with a USA billing address.
- Rank your internship choices. Applicants who have registered for the match by February 15, 2018, can reorder Dietetic Internship priority rankings; however, no additional internships can be added to the list. No changes in DI rankings may be made after 11:59 PM Central Time (date TBA).
- Notify D&D Digital, in writing, of a decision to withdraw from the matching process if circumstances prevent you from accepting a match that may occur.
- Contact information for the computer matching service:
D&D Digital Systems
3100 S. Riverside Drive
PO Box 887
Ames, IA 50010