Welcome to the Man's Food (FOS2001) course. All the information concerning the course can be found in the links provided on the left. Please scroll down and read some important information about the course.
All students are responsible for the information provided in this entire web site. Some selected topics appear below, just click the link.
General Course Information
Man's Food is entirely a web based course. There are two different types of students taking Man's Food (FOS2001).
- On-Campus Web - these students are physically taking courses in Gainesville on a daily or weekly basis. NOTE: this section is offered Fall, Spring and Summer B Term
- Off-Campus Web - these students are physically away from campus and it would be a hardship for them to come to Gainesville. Note: this section is offered Fall, Spring and Summer B Term
- These students must get prior approval to be considered Off-Campus students. Approval is through Email to: Amanda Hogle, email@example.com, 392-392-1978 x402
- NOTE: UNLESS YOU ARE ON THE OFF-CAMPUS WEB LIST (item #2 above), DO NOT FOLLOW OFF-CAMPUS WEB DIRECTIONS, OTHERWISE YOU WILL RECEIVE A ZERO FOR ASSIGNMENTS AND TESTS. THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED NOT TURNED IN.
- The course is presented online through UF e-Learning. Run the Quicktime MOVIE on How to access Sakai. NOTE: the appearance of these sites may change slightly.
- To access your e-Learning home page:
- It is recommended to use the Firefox browser to run Sakai
- Select the following link: https://lss.at.ufl.edu/
- Select e-Learning in Sakai
- Login using your Gatorlink username and password.
- You should see your My Workspace and Tabs with your courses in Sakai
- Select the FOS2001 link for the appropriate term
- Play with the various links
- Select the following Quicktime MOVIE on
How To Get The Lessons By Registering Through The Pearson Web Site.
NOTE: the appearance of these sites may change slightly.
- For all web students, if you have not taken a web course before, you should be aware that it is different than a traditional, in-class course. With a web-based course, you do not have a required class to attend. However, this means you will need to create your own schedule for learning the lessons for the course in Sakai. All lessons for the course are available to you within modules, and each exam tests you on the material in the module.
- Man's Food (FOS2001)