572 Newell Dr.
P.O. Box 110370
Gainesville, FL 32611-0370
- Ph. D. Purdue University; Cereal Science & Nutrition, 1983
- M.S. Purdue University; Biochemistry, 1968
- M.S. Kansas State University, Grain Science, 1962
- B.S. Adamson University, Philippines; Chemistry 1958
Dr. Cagampang’s research has involved investigations on the basic properties of rice, wheat, corn and sorghum. She is recognized as one of the world’s experts on rice.
FOS 4936 Topics in Food Science
FOS 6936 Topics in Food Science
- Global Meetings of Palm Oil in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, invited as speaker, 2006, 2007
- American Association of Cereal Chemists International, Chair of Rice Division, 2004, 2005
- Purdue University, Best Food Scientist Award, 2009
- Kellogg Company, Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award
Note: Dr. Cagampang’s research while she was Research Fellow at Kellogg Company for twenty-three years was proprietary, and was therefore not published.
Cagampang, G.B. and Kirleis, A.W. 1984. Some properties of starches from the floury and corneous endosperm fractions of three sorghum cultivars of intermediate grain hardness. Starke 37:253.
Cagampang, G.B. and Kirleis, A.W. 1984. Relationship of sorghum grain hardness to selected physical and chemical measurements for grain quality. Cereal Chem. 61:100.
Cagampang, G.B., Kirleis, A.W., and Marks, J.E. 1984. Application of small sample back extrusion test for measuring texture of cooked sorghum grain. J. Fd. Sci. 49:278.
Cagampang, G.B. 1983. Studies on the elucidation of the physicochemical basis of sorghum grain quality. Ph.D. Dissertation, Purdue Univ., West Laf., IN.
Cagampang, G.B., Griffith, J.E., and Kirleis, A.W. 1982. Modified adhesion test for measuring stickiness of sorghum porridges. Cereal Chem. 59:234.