Acosta, Laura MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN
Lecturer in Dietetics
1604 McCarty Dr.
McCarty Hall D
P.O. Box 110200
Gainesville, FL 32611-0200
- M.S. University of Florida; Food Science and Human Nutrition, 2007 (Minor: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology)\
- B.Sc. University of Florida; Food Science and Human Nutrition, 2005 (Specialization: Dietetics)
- RDN. Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2007
- LDN. State of Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance, 2007
- CSSD. Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics , Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2014
- Other Certifications: Personal Fitness Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Kickboxing Instructor, Yoga Instructor, Advanced Pilates Practitioner, Indoor Cycling Instructor
Medical Nutrition Therapy, Nutrition Counseling, Sports Nutrition, Fitness and Wellness
HUN 4445 Nutrition and Disease 1 (Fall)
DIE 4245 Medical Nutrition 1 (Fall)
DIE 4436 Nutritional Counseling and Communication (Spring)
DIE 6942 Dietetic Internship 1
DIE 6944 Dietetic Internship 2
American Council on Exercise (ACE) and Life Fitness, Personal Trainers to Watch Award, 2011
Acosta, L. 2014. Let’s Get Cooking: How to Host a Healthy Cooking Class. IDEA Fitness Journal. (In Press).
Acosta L. 2013. Mat Pilates for Fitness Professionals: An Instructor Training Manual. Printed by CreateSpace, Charleston, SC.
Acosta L. 2009. Living Lean: 8 Steps to Success™. LifeStyle Wellness LLC, Gainesville, FL.
Crowder T, Kidd K, Jensen N, and Jensen-Acosta L. January 2008. Enhanced nutrition education instead of consuming supplements. Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators, 21(3), 19-27.