The mission of the DPD at the University of Florida is to provide a progressive and effective program to educate students using a science-based food and nutrition curriculum to produce graduates who are competitive for supervised practice experiences or health- or science-related profession or graduate school.
DPD Program Goals and Outcomes Measures 2009-2013
Goal 1: Graduate students who are well prepared for dietetic internships or health or science related professions or graduate school.
- Sixty percent of DPD graduates will apply to dietetic internships within one year of graduation (5 year average).
- Eighty percent of those applying to dietetic internships will be accepted within one year of graduation (5 year average).
- Eighty percent of students with junior standing will complete the program/degree requirements within 150% (three years after the beginning of junior year) of the time planned for completion (5 year average).
- The five year average pass rate for first time test-takers of the Registration Examination for Dietitians will be a minimum of 80%.
- Of the graduates who return the graduate survey and did not seek a dietetic internship, 50% will attend graduate school or obtain employment in a health or science related profession within one year of graduation (5 year average).
- Of graduates who return the graduate survey, 90% of graduates will rate their preparation for dietetic internships, graduate school, or employment as satisfactory or higher (5 year average).
- Of internship directors who return the internship director survey, 90% of internship directors will rate the graduates as being well-prepared for the dietetic internship (5 year average.
Goal 2: Provide learning experiences that foster development of critical thinking and problem solving.
- Of graduates who return the graduate survey, 80% of graduates will agree that they received opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills as undergraduates (5 year average).
- Of internship directors who return the internship director survey, 80% of internship directors will agree that the graduates were prepared in critical thinking and problem solving (5 year average).
- Dietetics Home
- Mission and Goals
- Policies and Procedures
- Admission to Program
- Academic Learning Concepts (ALC)
- Volunteer/Work Experience
- Dietetic Internships
- Faculty Recognition
- Student Spotlights
- Graduate Spotlights
- Web Resources