Tomato School Links
Florida Tomato Committee
Contains many valuable resources for Florida tomato growers.
GAPs & BMPs Links
- FDA/USDA/CDC - Guide to Minimize Food Safety Hazards for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables(October 1998)
- FDA - Guidance for Industry: Minimizing Food Safety Hazards of Tomatoes (July 2009)
- FDA - "Produce Safety Action Plan"
- The United Fresh Produce Association - "Food Safety Programs and Auditing Protocol for the Fresh Tomato Supply Chain"
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) Division of Fruit and Vegetables - Regulations for fruit and vegetable commodities, including tomatoes.
- "Microbiological Safety of Tomatoes and Tomato Products: A Bibliography"
Robert Buchanan, Ph.D.
Conferences, workshops and events
- The Florida Tomato Committee and The Florida Tomato Exchange 2009 Joint Tomato Conference
September 8-14, 2009
- The Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN) & IFAS - Tomato Safety Research Needs Workshop
February 21-22, 2007
- Critical Issues in Tomato Production in Florida
- Organic Tomato Production (National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service)
- UF IFAS Horticulture: Vegetable Production Handbook for Florida 2009-2010
- USDA - Grading, Certification, and Verification of Tomatoes - Fresh Tomatoes
- USDA - Grading, Certification, and Verification of Tomatoes - Greenhouse Tomatoes
- USDA - Grading, Certification, and Verification of Tomatoes - Tomatoes on the Vine